At 3 PM Eastern, the Woodstock Folk Festival, at 7:30 PM debut of concert that Don White and I didn't realize was filmed, at 9:30 a Zoom song swap with surprise guests AND a Pie Beauty Contest
Just a reminder that there's three unique events on Sunday -- and I'm working on a key lime raspberry pie for the Pie Beauty Contest that will close out the night. There will be prizes.
Sunday July 19th 3 PM - 5 PM Eastern WOODSTOCK (Illinois) FOLK FESTIVAL
I will be online with
Megon McDonough*Crys Matthews*Reggie Harris*Amy Beth*Greg Greenway
Megon and I are side-by-side for 38 minutes, swapping stories and songs. Don't know exactly where it will fall in the broadcast, but here's a preview of Megon and me having some zoom fun:
Megon Mc Donough & Christine Lavin 100 seconds preview the Woodstock Reimagined Folk Festival 2020
At 7:30 PM Eastern DON WHITE & ME ONSTAGE AT THE ARK
secretly filmed on Feb 12, 2016 — 1 hour and 45 minutes
And here's our 2-minute trailer:
At 9:30 PM After Party Zoom Song Swap with surprise guests INCLUDES a Pie Beauty Contest
Meeting ID: 812 1444 2258. Password: 434654
The Zoom After Party song swap is by invitation only -- we ask that you NOT post the meeting ID or password in any public forum. Sharing with friends is OK, but please don't share publicly.
And if you are coming to the Zoom After Party Song Swap, please bake a pie and enter it in our "Pie Beauty Contest" to be judged by the Pie Lady of Ashland, Oregon, Karen Amarotico. Since we will all be online you don't have to share your pie with any of us -- just impress us with your baking skills. And yes, there will be pie prizes. Your pie does not have to be edible, but you will get more points if you can impress us with how delicious your pie is.
ALL ARE FREE EVENTS WITH A VIRTUAL TIP JAR. BTW, Megon McDonough was going to receive a "Lifetime Achievement Award" from the Woodstock Folk Festival this year, but they are going to invite us all to be there next year live, assuming by then the pandemic is over, so that Meg can receive it in front of a live audience.
So if Sunday afternoon and evening are open for you, we hope you'll join us for three unique music events at 3 PM Eastern, 7:30 PM Eastern, and 9:30 PM Eastern.
Please wear a mask!
- Wonderful food (dining room opens at 5:30) -- spectacular desserts -- LIVE entertainment -- Tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
- Believe it or not, when I wrote this song inspired by the 2009 Scripps Spelling Bee, I SPELT TWO WORDS WRONG! Finally I've made up for it.
- Jimmy Webb wrote the perfect song for the launch back in 1978, and here Michael Feinstein sings it.
- Have a favorite in the show? Here's when each performs so you can zip right to them --
- and ends 3 hours later with John McCutcheon live from the States -- watch it LIVE and FREE on FB and YouTube, or listen to audio on folkmusicnotebook.com
- The true story of my sister Mary's pet albino guinea pig "Piglet" and the day Joe Namath asked if he could pet him
- Sunday, June 13, 2021
- That's what I get for working in the middle of the night when I should have been sleeping! And there's a glitch at the 'store' that will be fixed by Monday
- Stories about radio host Bob Sherman, Pete Seeger, Dave Van Ronk, George Wurzbach, Livingston Taylor, Garry Novikoff, and Laura Weber
- Buy 2 or more CDs and get brand new FREE compilation with new songs and recordings by Sloan Wainwright, Amy Speace, Rob Siegel, me, and others
- I'm not MC-ing this time, I'm in the show -- MCs are Ron Olesko and Sonny Ochs
- New song/video: "The Best Summer" by Christine Lavin