At 3 PM Eastern, the Woodstock Folk Festival, at 7:30 PM debut of concert that Don White and I didn't realize was filmed, at 9:30 a Zoom song swap with surprise guests AND a Pie Beauty Contest
Just a reminder that there's three unique events on Sunday -- and I'm working on a key lime raspberry pie for the Pie Beauty Contest that will close out the night. There will be prizes.
Sunday July 19th 3 PM - 5 PM Eastern WOODSTOCK (Illinois) FOLK FESTIVAL
I will be online with
Megon McDonough*Crys Matthews*Reggie Harris*Amy Beth*Greg Greenway
Megon and I are side-by-side for 38 minutes, swapping stories and songs. Don't know exactly where it will fall in the broadcast, but here's a preview of Megon and me having some zoom fun:
Megon Mc Donough & Christine Lavin 100 seconds preview the Woodstock Reimagined Folk Festival 2020
At 7:30 PM Eastern DON WHITE & ME ONSTAGE AT THE ARK
secretly filmed on Feb 12, 2016 — 1 hour and 45 minutes
And here's our 2-minute trailer:
At 9:30 PM After Party Zoom Song Swap with surprise guests INCLUDES a Pie Beauty Contest
Meeting ID: 812 1444 2258. Password: 434654
The Zoom After Party song swap is by invitation only -- we ask that you NOT post the meeting ID or password in any public forum. Sharing with friends is OK, but please don't share publicly.
And if you are coming to the Zoom After Party Song Swap, please bake a pie and enter it in our "Pie Beauty Contest" to be judged by the Pie Lady of Ashland, Oregon, Karen Amarotico. Since we will all be online you don't have to share your pie with any of us -- just impress us with your baking skills. And yes, there will be pie prizes. Your pie does not have to be edible, but you will get more points if you can impress us with how delicious your pie is.
ALL ARE FREE EVENTS WITH A VIRTUAL TIP JAR. BTW, Megon McDonough was going to receive a "Lifetime Achievement Award" from the Woodstock Folk Festival this year, but they are going to invite us all to be there next year live, assuming by then the pandemic is over, so that Meg can receive it in front of a live audience.
So if Sunday afternoon and evening are open for you, we hope you'll join us for three unique music events at 3 PM Eastern, 7:30 PM Eastern, and 9:30 PM Eastern.
Please wear a mask!
- I wrote down start/stop times for each artist so you can skip to hear your favorites
- Suzanne Vega, Tom Chapin, The Chapin Sisters, Josh White Jr, Michael Fracasso, David Roth, Bev Grant, Guy Davis, David Massengill, & Bethany Yarrow
- Listen to this A++ singer sing her brilliant a cappella song, "Wear A Mask" -- and please share --
- At 3 PM Eastern, the Woodstock Folk Festival, at 7:30 PM debut of concert that Don White and I didn't realize was filmed, at 9:30 a Zoom song swap with surprise guests AND a Pie Beauty Contest
- Join Don White and me in the chat room of a watch party for a show we did that was secretly filmed four years ago -- and yes, the secret filmmaker will be there, too --
- Tickets are only $10 -- I'm sure it will be a fascinating conversation
- The GVFF from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern time LIVE on your screen tonight - FREE - https://www.facebook.com/GVFF2020/
- Two separate events -- for those celebrating at home -- For song swap the first 100 who show up get in.
- Let me know if you want to hear something I haven't done in a long time -- the show is 8 PM Eastern, under the umbrella of the Swallow Hill Music School of Denver
- All you need is a square cotton napkin, 16x16 or 20x20, or square paper napkin - all ages, all skill levels, beginners welcome
- Robbie Fairchild, star of Broadway's "An American In Paris," lifts his neighbors' spirits by performing a one-man show on his rooftop
- I toured 9 years with Don -- all his humor is based around being a father and now a Grandfather -- you DUDES will LOVE him today!