At 3 PM Eastern, the Woodstock Folk Festival, at 7:30 PM debut of concert that Don White and I didn't realize was filmed, at 9:30 a Zoom song swap with surprise guests AND a Pie Beauty Contest
Just a reminder that there's three unique events on Sunday -- and I'm working on a key lime raspberry pie for the Pie Beauty Contest that will close out the night. There will be prizes.
Sunday July 19th 3 PM - 5 PM Eastern WOODSTOCK (Illinois) FOLK FESTIVAL
I will be online with
Megon McDonough*Crys Matthews*Reggie Harris*Amy Beth*Greg Greenway
Megon and I are side-by-side for 38 minutes, swapping stories and songs. Don't know exactly where it will fall in the broadcast, but here's a preview of Megon and me having some zoom fun:
Megon Mc Donough & Christine Lavin 100 seconds preview the Woodstock Reimagined Folk Festival 2020
At 7:30 PM Eastern DON WHITE & ME ONSTAGE AT THE ARK
secretly filmed on Feb 12, 2016 — 1 hour and 45 minutes
And here's our 2-minute trailer:
At 9:30 PM After Party Zoom Song Swap with surprise guests INCLUDES a Pie Beauty Contest
Meeting ID: 812 1444 2258. Password: 434654
The Zoom After Party song swap is by invitation only -- we ask that you NOT post the meeting ID or password in any public forum. Sharing with friends is OK, but please don't share publicly.
And if you are coming to the Zoom After Party Song Swap, please bake a pie and enter it in our "Pie Beauty Contest" to be judged by the Pie Lady of Ashland, Oregon, Karen Amarotico. Since we will all be online you don't have to share your pie with any of us -- just impress us with your baking skills. And yes, there will be pie prizes. Your pie does not have to be edible, but you will get more points if you can impress us with how delicious your pie is.
ALL ARE FREE EVENTS WITH A VIRTUAL TIP JAR. BTW, Megon McDonough was going to receive a "Lifetime Achievement Award" from the Woodstock Folk Festival this year, but they are going to invite us all to be there next year live, assuming by then the pandemic is over, so that Meg can receive it in front of a live audience.
So if Sunday afternoon and evening are open for you, we hope you'll join us for three unique music events at 3 PM Eastern, 7:30 PM Eastern, and 9:30 PM Eastern.
Please wear a mask!
- "Painting Resilience: The Life & Art of Fred Terna" by Julia Mayer -- the most important project I have ever worked on
- Alice Howe is a spectacular singer, Freebo a brilliant bassist - I'm their guest on Wednesday at 8 PM Eastern - plus an "After Party" with a surprise guest
- The best new song of 2021 has already been written, "Because We Need You Now" by Cliff Eberhardt & Tom Prasada-Rao
- One last video -- thank you all who sent photos for it -- Happy New Year --
- Thank you all who came to our concert -- one final video -- thanks to all who sent photos for it - "Sealed With A Kiss"
- Let's ring in the new year together -- 7 PM Eastern - 9:45 PM Eastern
- Looking for still photos or short (less than 10 sec) clips of you with a photo of someone you've missed this past year
- The average chapter is 10-1/2 minutes; you can watch/read along, or just listen in the dark
- Christmas is so close - I'm going to the P.O. at 3:30 today - CDs are a lovely gift and help keep me afloat - FREE CD with any purchase
- Sunday Night: McCutcheon/McDonough/Paul/DonJuans/Lavin/Williams/Queler/Crockett/Buskin/Nininger
- Sunday, December 6, 2020
- 10 Artists 15 minutes each