JULIE DOESN'T JUST WRITE GREAT SONGS, SHE'S GOT MANY, MANY STORIES UP HER SLEEVE -- WE MADE A VIDEO FOR ONE OF THEM
Grammy-winning songwriter Julie Gold can't turn every experience into songs -- some become stories, and this is one of them. Both being working musicians who can't work for you right now, she asked me to work with her to turn this story into a video. It's a true story called, "Saxophone." Within the story is a visual series of 'shout outs' to some of her favorite instrumentalists. At the very end of the video they are listed in a credit crawl, in case you don't recognize all of them.
“Saxophone” written and read aloud by Julie Gold 5:11 in length
It goes live at 4 AM Eastern on Facebook, so I'm typing this in the middle of the night so you get it a couple minutes early
I hope you are staying healthy, taking proper precautions, and maintaining a good attitude. If you don't maintain a good attitude Julie has offered to come to your house and play solo sax to snap you out of it.
Stay safe --
- Highlights from the Forever Plaid 30th Plaidiversary Reunion Special (26 minutes & 40 seconds)
- See Tom Paxton, Loudon Wainwright, Holly Near, Joe Jencks, Rory Block, Don Armstrong, Ellis Paul, and others celebrate the Caffe Lena's 60th anniversary
- Also part of this tonight -- Don Armstrong, Rory Block, Steve Gillette & Cindy Mangsen and others
- The people on Mulberry Street in Rochester, NY thank all essential workers doing their jobs
- Joanne Woodward's dream was to turn this book into a film -- I hope this will get it a step closer
- After this, only 2 chapters left to read (will be posted on Sunday night)
- here's the real chapter 3 of "Lucy Gayheart" by Willa Cather -- sorry about that!
- 7-1/2 minutes to get us all on the same page so we're prepared for the ending of the book (which will be posted late Saturday and late Sunday)
- Red Grammer & Kenny White are the soundtrack for my brother Christopher's wonderful project in Geneva
- 18-1/2 minutes The last two chapters of Book 2 -- Book 3 will follow soon
- Lucy Gayheart -- Book 2, Chapters 8 & 9 -- 11 minutes 22 seconds -- Christmas comes to Haverford
- There's an interesting footnote at the end of Chapter 7 that I think you'd dig