. . AND, AS THE SONG IMPLIES . . . A TORCH THAT WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE LIT . . . WEEP ALONG W/ME
We just got word that the next 8 weeks are going to be very lonely ones for all of us, so get a jump on it all and weep along with this song I wrote 25 years ago.
The string players were the string quartet from the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra. To this day my most vivid memory of this session was that it ran overtime, so I ran out and got sandwiches for the boys, and that's all they talked about for the rest of the session -- The sandwiches are beautiful! And the sodas! We've never been so well fed! I'm telling you, feed a musician and they are your friend for life.
The 2020 "On A Winter's Night" tour was suddenly canceled -- we are all back in our homes feeling shell-shocked. So much time and planning went into it -- more than 4,000 tickets were sold in advance. But we all have to take care of ourselves and our loved ones -- keep washing your hands, avoid crowds. Hey, I thought I'd avoid crowds by becoming a folksinger. Hahahahahaha.
I really don't know how it's all going to shake out, but do your best to stop touching your face, and oh yeah, bring back the bow! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IKlbTZ65kM&feature=youtu.be
Doing what I can to keep you entertained -- from my laptop to yours --
- Highlights from the Forever Plaid 30th Plaidiversary Reunion Special (26 minutes & 40 seconds)
- See Tom Paxton, Loudon Wainwright, Holly Near, Joe Jencks, Rory Block, Don Armstrong, Ellis Paul, and others celebrate the Caffe Lena's 60th anniversary
- Also part of this tonight -- Don Armstrong, Rory Block, Steve Gillette & Cindy Mangsen and others
- The people on Mulberry Street in Rochester, NY thank all essential workers doing their jobs
- Joanne Woodward's dream was to turn this book into a film -- I hope this will get it a step closer
- After this, only 2 chapters left to read (will be posted on Sunday night)
- here's the real chapter 3 of "Lucy Gayheart" by Willa Cather -- sorry about that!
- 7-1/2 minutes to get us all on the same page so we're prepared for the ending of the book (which will be posted late Saturday and late Sunday)
- Red Grammer & Kenny White are the soundtrack for my brother Christopher's wonderful project in Geneva
- 18-1/2 minutes The last two chapters of Book 2 -- Book 3 will follow soon
- Lucy Gayheart -- Book 2, Chapters 8 & 9 -- 11 minutes 22 seconds -- Christmas comes to Haverford
- There's an interesting footnote at the end of Chapter 7 that I think you'd dig