Also part of this tonight -- Don Armstrong, Rory Block, Steve Gillette & Cindy Mangsen and others
Here's a writeup today in THE SARATOGIAN -- https://www.saratogian.com/news/local-news/caff-lena-set-to-celebrate-60th-anniversary-thursday-with-festivities/article_94b88b1c-99df-11ea-b28e-374a5152fdf9.html
I was a waitress and bread baker there back in 1975-1976 and go back every year to perform -- this time it will be on a screen, but we've all recorded special songs/stories having to do with the Caffe Lena -- mine is 6-1/2 minutes long, an interesting story and a new version of a song I wrote 45 years ago.
Yes, 45 years ago. How is that possible? Who knows where the time goes?
- Also part of this tonight -- Don Armstrong, Rory Block, Steve Gillette & Cindy Mangsen and others
- The people on Mulberry Street in Rochester, NY thank all essential workers doing their jobs
- Joanne Woodward's dream was to turn this book into a film -- I hope this will get it a step closer
- After this, only 2 chapters left to read (will be posted on Sunday night)
- here's the real chapter 3 of "Lucy Gayheart" by Willa Cather -- sorry about that!
- 7-1/2 minutes to get us all on the same page so we're prepared for the ending of the book (which will be posted late Saturday and late Sunday)
- Red Grammer & Kenny White are the soundtrack for my brother Christopher's wonderful project in Geneva
- 18-1/2 minutes The last two chapters of Book 2 -- Book 3 will follow soon
- Lucy Gayheart -- Book 2, Chapters 8 & 9 -- 11 minutes 22 seconds -- Christmas comes to Haverford
- There's an interesting footnote at the end of Chapter 7 that I think you'd dig
- Lucy Moves Back to Nebraska, Nobody Knows What Happened . . .
- An embarrassment of riches - BOTH FREE -- Jeff Daniels doing a 1 hour concert at 7:30, Jim Caruso's Cast Party at 8 - both videos available online after the live performance