Robin Batteau and me from 4-5:15 Eastern; at 5:30 Robin & I co-host Hillary Rollins' annual House Party open mic - both free -- many confirmed performers already -- a one night songwriters' festival
Here's a brief video Robin and I made last night to give you an idea of what to expect:
Robin/Chris/Hillary project short video promo for Oct 18, 2020 events:
Every year Hillary Rollins has hosted a bang-up blow out House Party -- one year we did it live over Concert Window from her parents' apartment on Riverside Drive. This year it's a whole other thing -- but because Hillary splits her time between LA and NYC she's got singers and songwriters stopping by from both coasts -- and from London. Hillary is a very fine singer/songwriter/videographer/producer and is famous in LA for the parties she throws where she serves whole stuffed turkeys, everybody performs, everybody cheers for everybody else, and lots of wine flows.
There is very limited seating within the Zoom Room where the performances will originate; otherwise viewers can watch on Facebook -- Robin's page, Hilary's page, the Towne Crier's page, and my page -- facebook.com/christine.lavin.5 -- and also on youtube, starting at 4 PM Eastern:
Email me personally if you want to watch in the Zoom Room -- performers like having fun folks in the Zoom Room so they have people they can see and hear -- so if you want to watch from Zoom we hope that you are OK with turning on your camera so we can see you, and if in a very quiet listening space, your microphone. If you don't want to be seen, no worries (we all have bad hair days) -- but since space is limited with Zoom, we hope you take that into consideration.
Some of the performers coming are Daniel Cainer in London, John Forster in Nyack, MaryJo Mundy (who just released an album of Laura Nyro songs) in LA, plus many more -- we have more than 24 confirmations -- so it will be a one night music festival of one great songwriter after another -- eveybody doing just one song. It will be filmed, so dress up if you want to be on camera. I'm sure it will go til 9 PM or so.
Both events are free, though donations are gladly accepted. If you can't tip, don't let that prevent you from attending. Come as you are -- drinks are on the house --your house!
Hope you are doing well, staying safe, wearing a mask, washing your hands, and doing the best you can during this difficult time.
- Robin Batteau and me from 4-5:15 Eastern; at 5:30 Robin & I co-host Hillary Rollins' annual House Party open mic - both free -- many confirmed performers already -- a one night songwriters' festival
- What better way to prepare for the debate? Will be showing 4BB vids and Robin Batteau's brand new one, too - LIVE!
- Robin was live at the Greenwich Village Folk Festival; friends watching him joined him -- what a result --
- The other three performers are Reggie Harris, Siobhan O'Brien, and Marc Douglas Berardo
- Going to the P.O. on Monday at 4 PM to mail out 25 that are going out free with purchase of my new album -- last chance for swag --
- Meet Don White, Megon McDonough, Elizabeth Mosier, Peg Espinola, and Janet Feld -- all doing what they do best
- Celebrating the release of my brand new album, 'ON MY WAY TO HOOTERVILLE' followed by Song-Swap with Surprise Guests on Friday night
- Sing and/or play along with Robin Batteau around 9 PM when he does his classic, "Guinevere" - let me know if you want the sheet music
- Believe me, this is so good, it's worth the asylum I am now living in to send it to you -- Alice Howe's version of "A Case Of You" is worth it alone!
- I chalk it up to working non-stop on my new album (deadline is Friday Noon) -- here's highlights of the Midnight Zoom After Party with Andrew Ratshin, Matt Price, Alice Howe & Freebo
- I was joined by Andrew Ratshin, Matt Price, and Alice Howe & Freebo -- plus a former Jeopardy! champion for smart fun
- Plus the special guests announced for Midnight (Eastern time) Zoom After Party Friday night