If you have a sewing machine, cotton fabric, and a desire to help, the medical world needs what you can do
I've been a fan of Sally Fingerett's since we first met in 1980, but it wasn't til 1989 when we became friends. She is one of the founding members of The Four Bitchin' Babes, and she is an avid seamstress when she's not creating music, or cooking (her kugel! her kugel!), or writing books. When I heard she was sewing face masks in Ohio, I asked for her help to make a video to teach us all how we can do that. We've worked 12 hour days since last Friday, and just finished this video tonight.
If you can sew, or if you know anyone who can, please share this. Sally happened to have 35 years of fabric "stash" locked away, so now she's putting her sewing talent to good use while recycling beloved yards of fabric she's been saving for a rainy day. She wants to show you how easy it is to make face masks that are so needed right now.
Sally Fingerett Teaches You How To Make A Cotton Face Mask
I included bits of Sally's music in this video -- she really is a multi-faceted multi-talented person. She continues to guide The Four Bitchin' Babes, managing the group and finding news way to connect to audiences. But now she just wants to help. Thanks if you can, too.
Stay home (for now)!
- An embarrassment of riches - FREE -- tonight starting at 7 ending round 10 (Im closing)
- Each episode is between 45 min - hour. Aaron Gobler interviews you via zoom (with the camera OFF -- yes, you don't even have to comb your hair!) Old school radio. I just did it. I think you might make a great guest!
- "In Maine" by the Mad Agnes Trio, with photography from Heather Cox Richardson's blog posting
- The digital songbook is half the price of the physical songbook; "Shopping Cart Of Love: The Play" is a standalone for $10 -- a song anyone can sing
- Most of the guests Robin invited, but there's a few surprises thrown in that Robin loved and you will, too --
- Robin Batteau gives new meaning to "Last In His Class at Harvard" and "graduating senior." Join Tom Rush, David Buskin & more celebrating Robin with song - LIVE Tuesday night
- Daniel Cainer just added to the 4 PM Eastern time show with David Ippolito today
- Daniel Cainer just added to David Ippolito's 4 PM Zoom -- Daniel Cainer, who is currently in residence at the SoHo Playhouse in Manhattan
- Here's what you need to know to get into the zoom room
- Please share this new anthem dedicated the the brave people of Ukraine sung by 13 American singer/songwriters. Sheet music at the end of the video
- The story behind the song, "Ervin & Edith"
- The debut of a song I've wanted to write for 7 years, the true story of Ervin & Edith Drake will air late afternoon Sunday on WFUV.org between 5:30 - 6 PM Eastern time - an hour later the online GVFF celebrating Sonny Ochs' 85th birthday!