If you have a sewing machine, cotton fabric, and a desire to help, the medical world needs what you can do
I've been a fan of Sally Fingerett's since we first met in 1980, but it wasn't til 1989 when we became friends. She is one of the founding members of The Four Bitchin' Babes, and she is an avid seamstress when she's not creating music, or cooking (her kugel! her kugel!), or writing books. When I heard she was sewing face masks in Ohio, I asked for her help to make a video to teach us all how we can do that. We've worked 12 hour days since last Friday, and just finished this video tonight.
If you can sew, or if you know anyone who can, please share this. Sally happened to have 35 years of fabric "stash" locked away, so now she's putting her sewing talent to good use while recycling beloved yards of fabric she's been saving for a rainy day. She wants to show you how easy it is to make face masks that are so needed right now.
Sally Fingerett Teaches You How To Make A Cotton Face Mask
I included bits of Sally's music in this video -- she really is a multi-faceted multi-talented person. She continues to guide The Four Bitchin' Babes, managing the group and finding news way to connect to audiences. But now she just wants to help. Thanks if you can, too.
Stay home (for now)!
- And here's a word from FREEBO - who is also part of Fleming Fest
- Chapte 14, 15 and 16 -- the run-up to Lucy's life about to experience a seismic change
- This chapter includes "She Never Told Her Love" with words by William Shakespeare and music by Franz Joseph Haydn
- 23 minutes long -- special surprise at the end of Chapter 11's recording
- Chapter 10 is 13 minutes long -- the story of Lucy, Clement, and Harry in the midwest at the turn of the 20th century
- 17 minutes long -- quietest recording yet -- recorded last night at 2 AM when the trains on the Manhattan Bridge thin out
- Set at the turn of the 20th Century in Haverford, Nebraska and Chicago, IL Lucy the pianist, Clement the opera singer, Harry the young banker
- You can read along, or close your eyes and listen along
- Chapters 1-3 sent earlier this week
- Chapters 1 and 2 were sent this time last night -- here's the next chapter in the book, when things start to percolate . . .
- So now I'm posting it on YouTube, too, and at midnight every night I will be posting a new chapter
- ONE OF YOU WHO WATCHED IT HAS ALREADY MADE 8 FACE MASKS