JULIE DOESN'T JUST WRITE GREAT SONGS, SHE'S GOT MANY, MANY STORIES UP HER SLEEVE -- WE MADE A VIDEO FOR ONE OF THEM
Grammy-winning songwriter Julie Gold can't turn every experience into songs -- some become stories, and this is one of them. Both being working musicians who can't work for you right now, she asked me to work with her to turn this story into a video. It's a true story called, "Saxophone." Within the story is a visual series of 'shout outs' to some of her favorite instrumentalists. At the very end of the video they are listed in a credit crawl, in case you don't recognize all of them.
“Saxophone” written and read aloud by Julie Gold 5:11 in length
It goes live at 4 AM Eastern on Facebook, so I'm typing this in the middle of the night so you get it a couple minutes early
I hope you are staying healthy, taking proper precautions, and maintaining a good attitude. If you don't maintain a good attitude Julie has offered to come to your house and play solo sax to snap you out of it.
Stay safe --
- And here's a word from FREEBO - who is also part of Fleming Fest
- Chapte 14, 15 and 16 -- the run-up to Lucy's life about to experience a seismic change
- This chapter includes "She Never Told Her Love" with words by William Shakespeare and music by Franz Joseph Haydn
- 23 minutes long -- special surprise at the end of Chapter 11's recording
- Chapter 10 is 13 minutes long -- the story of Lucy, Clement, and Harry in the midwest at the turn of the 20th century
- 17 minutes long -- quietest recording yet -- recorded last night at 2 AM when the trains on the Manhattan Bridge thin out
- Set at the turn of the 20th Century in Haverford, Nebraska and Chicago, IL Lucy the pianist, Clement the opera singer, Harry the young banker
- You can read along, or close your eyes and listen along
- Chapters 1-3 sent earlier this week
- Chapters 1 and 2 were sent this time last night -- here's the next chapter in the book, when things start to percolate . . .
- So now I'm posting it on YouTube, too, and at midnight every night I will be posting a new chapter
- ONE OF YOU WHO WATCHED IT HAS ALREADY MADE 8 FACE MASKS