Gene Weingarten, a two-time Pulitzer winner, has written quite some book -- here's an excerpt
Gene picked a date out of a hat -- December 28, 1986 -- and went about writing an astonishing book about what happened that day, which just was published on Tuesday. It's ONE DAY: THE EXTRAORDINARY STORY ON AN ORDINARY 24 HOURS IN AMERICA.
A week ago a publication in Oregon published one chapter from Gene's book, which is both incredibly heartbreaking and yet life affirming: https://www.oregonlive.com/health/2019/10/the-tragic-redemptive-journey-of-one-human-heart.html
I emailed Gene after I read it, asking if I could make a video for his book? He said he'd rather I write a song about it, but I want others to know about this book now. Even though he said not to make a video, I did anyway, and it turns out he really likes it.
92 Seconds of Reviews for ONE DAY: THE EXTRAORDINARY STORY OF AN ORDINARY 24 HOURS IN AMERICA
I'm reading the book now -- and I'll be giving it away on November 7th at the first "On A Winter's Night" concert with John Gorka, Cliff Eberhardt, Patty Larkin, and Cheryl Wheeler on November 7th at the Tarrytown Music Hall.
- I just completed the video for "Bring Back The Bow," which I hope will help stop spreading germs
- Look up on Thursday Feb 27th to watch Venus kiss the moon. Again.
- "On A Winter's Night" with Eberhardt, Gorka, Larkin, Lavin, and Wheeler - March 5-28 UPDATE
- The Last Hurrah -- join John Gorka, Cheryl Wheeler, Patty Larkin, Cliff Eberhardt, and me -- 14 more concerts and that's it!
- We must have emailed back and forth 100 times last night, finished the video in the wee hours, and here it is in BroadwayWorld!
- Michael Moricz, Mr. Rogers' musical director, wrote this -- I made the video -- we stayed up all night -- over 1,000 views so far -- a song for the dawning of 2020
- Could We Love Harry Connick Jr More Than We Already Do?
- My "Universal Holiday Greeting" gets it all over with in 39 seconds
- After staying up all night working on this, the songwriter asked me not to post it -- but then he changed his mind
- First leg of 26 city group tour starts November 7 at the Tarrytown Music Hall
- Gene Weingarten, a two-time Pulitzer winner, has written quite some book -- here's an excerpt
- Seth and I discuss Trump fatigue, Bob Dylan's "Rolling Thunder Revue," and "Disaster: The Musical"