JULIE DOESN'T JUST WRITE GREAT SONGS, SHE'S GOT MANY, MANY STORIES UP HER SLEEVE -- WE MADE A VIDEO FOR ONE OF THEM
Grammy-winning songwriter Julie Gold can't turn every experience into songs -- some become stories, and this is one of them. Both being working musicians who can't work for you right now, she asked me to work with her to turn this story into a video. It's a true story called, "Saxophone." Within the story is a visual series of 'shout outs' to some of her favorite instrumentalists. At the very end of the video they are listed in a credit crawl, in case you don't recognize all of them.
“Saxophone” written and read aloud by Julie Gold 5:11 in length
It goes live at 4 AM Eastern on Facebook, so I'm typing this in the middle of the night so you get it a couple minutes early
I hope you are staying healthy, taking proper precautions, and maintaining a good attitude. If you don't maintain a good attitude Julie has offered to come to your house and play solo sax to snap you out of it.
Stay safe --
- You can read along, or close your eyes and listen along
- Chapters 1-3 sent earlier this week
- Chapters 1 and 2 were sent this time last night -- here's the next chapter in the book, when things start to percolate . . .
- So now I'm posting it on YouTube, too, and at midnight every night I will be posting a new chapter
- ONE OF YOU WHO WATCHED IT HAS ALREADY MADE 8 FACE MASKS
- David's been the Guitar Man Of Central Park for 27 years -- today I'll be his live guest today -- FREE online concert at 4 PM Eastern, 1 PM Pacific
- Watching this might be THE most important hour of your year -- he is on the front lines, he knows how to stay safe
- If you have a sewing machine, cotton fabric, and a desire to help, the medical world needs what you can do
- Sign up now, take the brief tour, and get ready for the world debut of "Everybody Must Stay Home" as part of today's concert
- JULIE DOESN'T JUST WRITE GREAT SONGS, SHE'S GOT MANY, MANY STORIES UP HER SLEEVE -- WE MADE A VIDEO FOR ONE OF THEM
- . . AND, AS THE SONG IMPLIES . . . A TORCH THAT WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE LIT . . . WEEP ALONG W/ME
- Concert canceled so I spent the day making a video: "Cold Pizza For Breakfast"