Free concert and song swap tonight -- starting at 8 PM at passim.org -- then we're all moving over to Zoom at 9:15
Tonight from 8 -9 PM Eastern I will be doing a live concert at passim.org, immediately followed by a 'song-swap' on zoom where 3 top notch singer/songwriters will join me for an informal 'in the round' song circle. Who are the three? Can't tell you -- they are a surprise, but I love all three so I think you will too.
Here's a preview of my show:
The concert is at passim.org (then links to Facebook Live), and the song swap, starting at approximately 9:15 is at zoom.us. Here's what you need to get into zoom, but please don't post these numbers anywhere -- it's by invitation only -- just go to zoom.us after the first concert, click on "join a meeting"
Meeting ID: 926 3502 8354
Both are free events, though tipping is allowed, but not required.
If you have never done Zoom before, prepare where you'll be watching from, turn off TV, anything that makes noise (put the dog in the other room if he/she's a barker), close your windows if it's a noisy neighborhood -- since there will be four of us doing music, and everyone can hear everyone else's sound, you want minimal noise. You can also 'mute' your microphone if that helps.
You can share this info with friends, but make sure they don't post the Zoom numbers anywhere public (there is a problem with strangers "zoom-bombing" events, and we're trying to avoid any such disruptions).
Stay safe! We still have an 8 PM curfew in NYC, so if you're in New York, now you've got something fun to do.
- Listen to this A++ singer sing her brilliant a cappella song, "Wear A Mask" -- and please share --
- Join Don White and me in the chat room of a watch party for a show we did that was secretly filmed four years ago -- and yes, the secret filmmaker will be there, too --
- Tickets are only $10 -- I'm sure it will be a fascinating conversation
- The GVFF from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern time LIVE on your screen tonight - FREE - https://www.facebook.com/GVFF2020/
- Two separate events -- for those celebrating at home -- For song swap the first 100 who show up get in.
- Let me know if you want to hear something I haven't done in a long time -- the show is 8 PM Eastern, under the umbrella of the Swallow Hill Music School of Denver
- All you need is a square cotton napkin, 16x16 or 20x20, or square paper napkin - all ages, all skill levels, beginners welcome
- Robbie Fairchild, star of Broadway's "An American In Paris," lifts his neighbors' spirits by performing a one-man show on his rooftop
- I toured 9 years with Don -- all his humor is based around being a father and now a Grandfather -- you DUDES will LOVE him today!
- I'm doing one song at 8 PM Eastern tonight and teaching how to fold a cloth napkin like Downton Abbey - p.s. from Neil deGrasse Tyson
- "More Than Meets The Eye" by Sandy Cash -- The Times of Israel helps put her song/video on the map
- Here's "Lavin Live at Passim for one hour" -- in the first 24 hours it's been viewed more than 4,500 times -- who knew?