Highlights from the Forever Plaid 30th Plaidiversary Reunion Special (26 minutes & 40 seconds)
I first saw this show back in 1990 -- and five times again after that -- it's been going for 30 years now, and the original cast and the creator of the show (Stuart Ross) all got together on zoom last week to relive some of the memories.
I watched it, I asked the boys if they could give me the original clips and zoom call, and an hour ago they gave me the thumb's up that I can now share this. You'll be amazed to hear stories about who some of their devoted fans were (and are).
If you like gorgeous close harmony singing paired with merry mischief, I know whenever this show takes to the road again, you won't want to miss it. Til then -- we can watch this. And yes, that is the voice of the late great Fred Willard you hear (along with David Hyde Pierce) introducing the show. I've been friends with Stuart since the 1990s but didn't remember until working on this that Fred was one of their biggest fans. Now it's bittersweet and poignant to hear Fred introduce them from the afterlife, since he's there now, too. Sigh.
"Highlights Of the FOREVER PLAID 30th Plaidiversary Reunion with Stuart Ross & the Original Cast (Jason Graae, Stan Chandler, David Engel, Larry Raben, and Guy Stroman)" dedicated to the memory of James Raitt
(broadcast live on May 20, 2020 by Musical Theatre West, musical.org)
Remember to keep self-distancing, washing your hands, and wearing a face mask. We are not out of the woods.
- Listen to this A++ singer sing her brilliant a cappella song, "Wear A Mask" -- and please share --
- Join Don White and me in the chat room of a watch party for a show we did that was secretly filmed four years ago -- and yes, the secret filmmaker will be there, too --
- Tickets are only $10 -- I'm sure it will be a fascinating conversation
- The GVFF from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern time LIVE on your screen tonight - FREE - https://www.facebook.com/GVFF2020/
- Two separate events -- for those celebrating at home -- For song swap the first 100 who show up get in.
- Let me know if you want to hear something I haven't done in a long time -- the show is 8 PM Eastern, under the umbrella of the Swallow Hill Music School of Denver
- All you need is a square cotton napkin, 16x16 or 20x20, or square paper napkin - all ages, all skill levels, beginners welcome
- Robbie Fairchild, star of Broadway's "An American In Paris," lifts his neighbors' spirits by performing a one-man show on his rooftop
- I toured 9 years with Don -- all his humor is based around being a father and now a Grandfather -- you DUDES will LOVE him today!
- I'm doing one song at 8 PM Eastern tonight and teaching how to fold a cloth napkin like Downton Abbey - p.s. from Neil deGrasse Tyson
- "More Than Meets The Eye" by Sandy Cash -- The Times of Israel helps put her song/video on the map
- Here's "Lavin Live at Passim for one hour" -- in the first 24 hours it's been viewed more than 4,500 times -- who knew?