See Tom Paxton, Loudon Wainwright, Holly Near, Joe Jencks, Rory Block, Don Armstrong, Ellis Paul, and others celebrate the Caffe Lena's 60th anniversary
In the first 24 hours more than 3,500 people have watched it -- I had no idea how wonderful this was going to be -- but it IS! As good as anything you'll see on PBS -- and the closer, Joe Jencks, practically gives a master class in how you pay tribute to such a venerable venue. The amazing thing is that the show was pulled together in one week. ONE week. Kudos to Sarah Craig & Company.
"Happy 60th Anniversary Caffe Lena from John Winn, Tom Paxton, Holly Near, Joe Jencks, Rory Block, Don Armstrong, Steve Gillette & Cindy Mangsen, Ellis Paul, Pete & Maura Kennedy, Bill Staines, new discovery Sawyer Fredericks and me"
1 hour 51 minutes - but only available a limited time so don't wait too long to watch it
The closing performer, Joe Jencks, is going to be live tomorrow night, Saturday, at 9 Eastern time, via Winnipeg. I'm SURE if you watch him close the Caffe Lena show, you'll want to see him do a whole FREE concert. He's THAT good. Here's the link for that:
Joe Jencks Live and Free via Winnipeg:
If you know Joe, you know what I'm talking about. if you don't, here's your chance -- 9 Eastern, 6 Pacific, though I'm pretty sure it's 2 AM London time, but I know a few night owls in London who will be happy.
- Listen to this A++ singer sing her brilliant a cappella song, "Wear A Mask" -- and please share --
- Join Don White and me in the chat room of a watch party for a show we did that was secretly filmed four years ago -- and yes, the secret filmmaker will be there, too --
- Tickets are only $10 -- I'm sure it will be a fascinating conversation
- The GVFF from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern time LIVE on your screen tonight - FREE - https://www.facebook.com/GVFF2020/
- Two separate events -- for those celebrating at home -- For song swap the first 100 who show up get in.
- Let me know if you want to hear something I haven't done in a long time -- the show is 8 PM Eastern, under the umbrella of the Swallow Hill Music School of Denver
- All you need is a square cotton napkin, 16x16 or 20x20, or square paper napkin - all ages, all skill levels, beginners welcome
- Robbie Fairchild, star of Broadway's "An American In Paris," lifts his neighbors' spirits by performing a one-man show on his rooftop
- I toured 9 years with Don -- all his humor is based around being a father and now a Grandfather -- you DUDES will LOVE him today!
- I'm doing one song at 8 PM Eastern tonight and teaching how to fold a cloth napkin like Downton Abbey - p.s. from Neil deGrasse Tyson
- "More Than Meets The Eye" by Sandy Cash -- The Times of Israel helps put her song/video on the map
- Here's "Lavin Live at Passim for one hour" -- in the first 24 hours it's been viewed more than 4,500 times -- who knew?