Also part of this tonight -- Don Armstrong, Rory Block, Steve Gillette & Cindy Mangsen and others
Here's a writeup today in THE SARATOGIAN -- https://www.saratogian.com/news/local-news/caff-lena-set-to-celebrate-60th-anniversary-thursday-with-festivities/article_94b88b1c-99df-11ea-b28e-374a5152fdf9.html
I was a waitress and bread baker there back in 1975-1976 and go back every year to perform -- this time it will be on a screen, but we've all recorded special songs/stories having to do with the Caffe Lena -- mine is 6-1/2 minutes long, an interesting story and a new version of a song I wrote 45 years ago.
Yes, 45 years ago. How is that possible? Who knows where the time goes?
- Listen to this A++ singer sing her brilliant a cappella song, "Wear A Mask" -- and please share --
- Join Don White and me in the chat room of a watch party for a show we did that was secretly filmed four years ago -- and yes, the secret filmmaker will be there, too --
- Tickets are only $10 -- I'm sure it will be a fascinating conversation
- The GVFF from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern time LIVE on your screen tonight - FREE - https://www.facebook.com/GVFF2020/
- Two separate events -- for those celebrating at home -- For song swap the first 100 who show up get in.
- Let me know if you want to hear something I haven't done in a long time -- the show is 8 PM Eastern, under the umbrella of the Swallow Hill Music School of Denver
- All you need is a square cotton napkin, 16x16 or 20x20, or square paper napkin - all ages, all skill levels, beginners welcome
- Robbie Fairchild, star of Broadway's "An American In Paris," lifts his neighbors' spirits by performing a one-man show on his rooftop
- I toured 9 years with Don -- all his humor is based around being a father and now a Grandfather -- you DUDES will LOVE him today!
- I'm doing one song at 8 PM Eastern tonight and teaching how to fold a cloth napkin like Downton Abbey - p.s. from Neil deGrasse Tyson
- "More Than Meets The Eye" by Sandy Cash -- The Times of Israel helps put her song/video on the map
- Here's "Lavin Live at Passim for one hour" -- in the first 24 hours it's been viewed more than 4,500 times -- who knew?