The Last Hurrah -- join John Gorka, Cheryl Wheeler, Patty Larkin, Cliff Eberhardt, and me -- 14 more concerts and that's it!
On March 5th the final leg of the "On A Winter's Night" concert tour begins at the Landmark Theater in Port Washington, NY, winds through New England, then California, the Pacific NW, ending in Denver on March 28th. Here's a video I made with all the details:
2020 "On A Winter's Night" Tour of Lavin-Gorka-Wheeler-Larkin & Lavin:
It's a one-night folk festival (without the mud rain, or bugs). In the first half the five of us each do a solo set, then after intermission we are side by side by side by side. We had a blast doing nine shows together in 2019, but this is the end. The tour may continue in 2021, but both Cheryl Wheeler and I won't be part of it -- Lucy Kaplansky will take the fourth chair -- so this will be the last time you'll get to see the show in this five-artist configuration.
I produced this project way back in 1989 and my goal was always for it to be a revolving cast of characters, so Lucy joining in makes me very happy. Spread the joy, that's what I say. My theatrical and video work is leading me in a new direction, so these shows will be very special.
The album, "On A Winter's Night," is not available at iTunes -- the physical albums went out of print last year, but they have repressed a few hundred for this tour. Hint hint -- if you get one at one of our shows, your heirs on the Antique Road Show a hundred years from now will get good news (especially if we sign them). So don't be shy. Signing CDs is the high school yearbook I never got to sign (went to a private school that went bankrupt -- long story).
THE LAST LEG OF THE FIVE-ARTIST 'ON A WINTER'S NIGHT' TOUR OF LAVIN-GORKA-WHEELER-LARKIN-EBERHARDT
March 5: Landmark On Main Street Theater, Port Washington, NY landmarkonmainstreet.org
March 6: Levoy Theatre, Millville, NJ levoy.net
March 7: The Birchmere, Alexandria, VA birchmere.com
March 8: Sellersville Theater, Sellersville PA (suburb of Philly) st94.com
March 12: Zeiterion Theater, New Bedford, MA zeiterion.org
March 13: Regent Theater, Arlington, MA (sold out) regenttheatre.com
March 15: Ridgefield Playhouse, Ridgefield, CT ridgefieldplayhouse.org
March 20: Van Duzer Theater Arcata, CA https://cahss.humboldt.edu/aggregator/sources/2
March 22: Freigh & Salvage, Berkeley, CA https://www.thefreight.org
March 24: Alberta Rose Theatre, Portland, OR https://albertarosetheatre.com
March 25: The Triple Door, Seattle, WA http://www.thetripledoor.net/thetripledoor.html
March 27: Rialto Theatre, Loveland, CO http://www.rialtotheatercenter.org
March 28: Soiled Dove Underground, Denver, CO https://tavernhg.mobi/soileddove/index.php
If you have any friends in any of these cities, can you let them know we'll be passing through? One of these shows is already sold out, and we don't want anyone to be left out of the fun.
- LUCY GAYHEART Chapters 17 & 18 read aloud --
- TONIGHT "PAJAMA CAST PARTY" is live on your computer screen at 8 PM Eastern, 5 PM Pacific, 1 AM London Time
- John Prine's death his Janis Ian hard, but from it she's written a simple song of hope
- Maude Maggart, my favorite singer in the world, sings this brand new song, written by Hillary Rollins & Michele Brourman, and we made this video together
- And here's a word from FREEBO - who is also part of Fleming Fest
- Chapte 14, 15 and 16 -- the run-up to Lucy's life about to experience a seismic change
- This chapter includes "She Never Told Her Love" with words by William Shakespeare and music by Franz Joseph Haydn
- 23 minutes long -- special surprise at the end of Chapter 11's recording
- Chapter 10 is 13 minutes long -- the story of Lucy, Clement, and Harry in the midwest at the turn of the 20th century
- 17 minutes long -- quietest recording yet -- recorded last night at 2 AM when the trains on the Manhattan Bridge thin out
- Set at the turn of the 20th Century in Haverford, Nebraska and Chicago, IL Lucy the pianist, Clement the opera singer, Harry the young banker
- You can read along, or close your eyes and listen along