Live on August 4: "Cary Grant, Esther Williams, Tom Cruise & The Romance Of The Gun"
Following the El Paso and Dayton shootings I sang this song on Sunday afternoon. I wrote this in 2012 but never got such a response before. The song contains a very important statistic -- there are 329,000,000 Americans, 5.5 million in the NRA. That's 1.5% of us who bully to get their way.
I hope you can share this -- we need to be reminded how many more of us are NOT in the NRA than are.
“Cary Grant, Esther Williams, Tom Cruise & The Romance Of The Gun” live at Chautauqua Aug 4, 2019:
I wanted to send this last night, but couldn't, due to changes at my website. Since I posted it on FB last night it's gotten over 1700 views. I hope it can have a positive effect and helping us get mobilized. Thank you for reading this all the way to the end.
- 23 minutes long -- special surprise at the end of Chapter 11's recording
- Chapter 10 is 13 minutes long -- the story of Lucy, Clement, and Harry in the midwest at the turn of the 20th century
- 17 minutes long -- quietest recording yet -- recorded last night at 2 AM when the trains on the Manhattan Bridge thin out
- Set at the turn of the 20th Century in Haverford, Nebraska and Chicago, IL Lucy the pianist, Clement the opera singer, Harry the young banker
- You can read along, or close your eyes and listen along
- Chapters 1-3 sent earlier this week
- Chapters 1 and 2 were sent this time last night -- here's the next chapter in the book, when things start to percolate . . .
- So now I'm posting it on YouTube, too, and at midnight every night I will be posting a new chapter
- ONE OF YOU WHO WATCHED IT HAS ALREADY MADE 8 FACE MASKS
- David's been the Guitar Man Of Central Park for 27 years -- today I'll be his live guest today -- FREE online concert at 4 PM Eastern, 1 PM Pacific
- Watching this might be THE most important hour of your year -- he is on the front lines, he knows how to stay safe
- If you have a sewing machine, cotton fabric, and a desire to help, the medical world needs what you can do