Your chance to be part of music history -- Kate Taylor and Peter Asher in the studio 50 years after "Sister Kate"
Kate Taylor is a dear, and she's going back into the recording studio 50 years after she and Peter Asher made history with her album, "Sister Kate," and they'll be working with some of the same musicians. If you pledge $30 you get the album autographed by both of them. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? A hundred years from now your great great grandchildren will get good news on The Antiques Road Show, so you'd be investing in your heirs' future. Your $30 will no doubt be worth at least $100 by then, if not more.
"Sister Kate 50th anniversary" listen to Kate Taylor and Peter Asher describe what they're doing
Kate is on "Just One Angel," one of my holiday compilations, where she sings a new Robert Burns translation of "Auld Lang Syne." Her brother James sings harmony on it as only she can. She's been making her living for years creating jewelry out of wampum, but has never stopped singing and playing, so it will be wonderful to hear her do an entire album (she also has a song on "Follow That Road," the second Martha's Vineyard Singer/Songwriter Retreat collection).
I'm sure this new album will be wonderful. We all need good positive things to look forward to during this bleak time. This is one of them.
- Starting with Brooks Williams in Cambridge, UK --- closing with B&B in the US -- next month Bob Lind is headliner (yes, The Elusive Butterfly Of Love guy)
- Wonderful food (dining room opens at 5:30) -- spectacular desserts -- LIVE entertainment -- Tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
- Believe it or not, when I wrote this song inspired by the 2009 Scripps Spelling Bee, I SPELT TWO WORDS WRONG! Finally I've made up for it.
- Jimmy Webb wrote the perfect song for the launch back in 1978, and here Michael Feinstein sings it.
- Have a favorite in the show? Here's when each performs so you can zip right to them --
- and ends 3 hours later with John McCutcheon live from the States -- watch it LIVE and FREE on FB and YouTube, or listen to audio on folkmusicnotebook.com
- The true story of my sister Mary's pet albino guinea pig "Piglet" and the day Joe Namath asked if he could pet him
- Sunday, June 13, 2021
- That's what I get for working in the middle of the night when I should have been sleeping! And there's a glitch at the 'store' that will be fixed by Monday
- Stories about radio host Bob Sherman, Pete Seeger, Dave Van Ronk, George Wurzbach, Livingston Taylor, Garry Novikoff, and Laura Weber
- Buy 2 or more CDs and get brand new FREE compilation with new songs and recordings by Sloan Wainwright, Amy Speace, Rob Siegel, me, and others
- I'm not MC-ing this time, I'm in the show -- MCs are Ron Olesko and Sonny Ochs