Robin Batteau and me from 4-5:15 Eastern; at 5:30 Robin & I co-host Hillary Rollins' annual House Party open mic - both free -- many confirmed performers already -- a one night songwriters' festival
Here's a brief video Robin and I made last night to give you an idea of what to expect:
Robin/Chris/Hillary project short video promo for Oct 18, 2020 events:
Every year Hillary Rollins has hosted a bang-up blow out House Party -- one year we did it live over Concert Window from her parents' apartment on Riverside Drive. This year it's a whole other thing -- but because Hillary splits her time between LA and NYC she's got singers and songwriters stopping by from both coasts -- and from London. Hillary is a very fine singer/songwriter/videographer/producer and is famous in LA for the parties she throws where she serves whole stuffed turkeys, everybody performs, everybody cheers for everybody else, and lots of wine flows.
There is very limited seating within the Zoom Room where the performances will originate; otherwise viewers can watch on Facebook -- Robin's page, Hilary's page, the Towne Crier's page, and my page -- facebook.com/christine.lavin.5 -- and also on youtube, starting at 4 PM Eastern:
Email me personally if you want to watch in the Zoom Room -- performers like having fun folks in the Zoom Room so they have people they can see and hear -- so if you want to watch from Zoom we hope that you are OK with turning on your camera so we can see you, and if in a very quiet listening space, your microphone. If you don't want to be seen, no worries (we all have bad hair days) -- but since space is limited with Zoom, we hope you take that into consideration.
Some of the performers coming are Daniel Cainer in London, John Forster in Nyack, MaryJo Mundy (who just released an album of Laura Nyro songs) in LA, plus many more -- we have more than 24 confirmations -- so it will be a one night music festival of one great songwriter after another -- eveybody doing just one song. It will be filmed, so dress up if you want to be on camera. I'm sure it will go til 9 PM or so.
Both events are free, though donations are gladly accepted. If you can't tip, don't let that prevent you from attending. Come as you are -- drinks are on the house --your house!
Hope you are doing well, staying safe, wearing a mask, washing your hands, and doing the best you can during this difficult time.
- "Prisoners Of Their Hairdos" and "Victim/Volunteer" -- 30 year old video just surfaced -- Sally, Meg, Chris
- Pop-up concert at 9 PM Eastern, After Party with Vance Gilbert and Cynthia Carle right after
- My Christmas tree and ornaments totally dig Chaise Lounge's new song, "Trimmin' The Tree"
- Buy 2 or more CDs and get a FREE copy of the brand new 2-CD compilation "The Longest Night Of The Year" -- while they last
- Here's a preview -- my update of "Turn This Ship Around"
- "You Were Never A King" by Christine Lavin w/Robin Batteau on violin & Phil Klum on bass
- The show starts at 8 - I go on at 9 PM - 9:20 PM Eastern - a good lineup of musicians hoping for the best
- Your chance to be part of music history -- Kate Taylor and Peter Asher in the studio 50 years after "Sister Kate"
- 8 PM concert, followed by 9:15 song swap with Robin Batteau, Shanna In A Dress, and Jane Godfrey
- Am selling my CDs myself - want 'em autographed? Just ask! I'm the president, messenger, receptionist, and bookkeeper of my record company.
- Robin Batteau and me from 4-5:15 Eastern; at 5:30 Robin & I co-host Hillary Rollins' annual House Party open mic - both free -- many confirmed performers already -- a one night songwriters' festival
- What better way to prepare for the debate? Will be showing 4BB vids and Robin Batteau's brand new one, too - LIVE!