Robin Batteau and me from 4-5:15 Eastern; at 5:30 Robin & I co-host Hillary Rollins' annual House Party open mic - both free -- many confirmed performers already -- a one night songwriters' festival
Here's a brief video Robin and I made last night to give you an idea of what to expect:
Robin/Chris/Hillary project short video promo for Oct 18, 2020 events:
Every year Hillary Rollins has hosted a bang-up blow out House Party -- one year we did it live over Concert Window from her parents' apartment on Riverside Drive. This year it's a whole other thing -- but because Hillary splits her time between LA and NYC she's got singers and songwriters stopping by from both coasts -- and from London. Hillary is a very fine singer/songwriter/videographer/producer and is famous in LA for the parties she throws where she serves whole stuffed turkeys, everybody performs, everybody cheers for everybody else, and lots of wine flows.
There is very limited seating within the Zoom Room where the performances will originate; otherwise viewers can watch on Facebook -- Robin's page, Hilary's page, the Towne Crier's page, and my page -- facebook.com/christine.lavin.5 -- and also on youtube, starting at 4 PM Eastern:
Email me personally if you want to watch in the Zoom Room -- performers like having fun folks in the Zoom Room so they have people they can see and hear -- so if you want to watch from Zoom we hope that you are OK with turning on your camera so we can see you, and if in a very quiet listening space, your microphone. If you don't want to be seen, no worries (we all have bad hair days) -- but since space is limited with Zoom, we hope you take that into consideration.
Some of the performers coming are Daniel Cainer in London, John Forster in Nyack, MaryJo Mundy (who just released an album of Laura Nyro songs) in LA, plus many more -- we have more than 24 confirmations -- so it will be a one night music festival of one great songwriter after another -- eveybody doing just one song. It will be filmed, so dress up if you want to be on camera. I'm sure it will go til 9 PM or so.
Both events are free, though donations are gladly accepted. If you can't tip, don't let that prevent you from attending. Come as you are -- drinks are on the house --your house!
Hope you are doing well, staying safe, wearing a mask, washing your hands, and doing the best you can during this difficult time.
- Starting with Brooks Williams in Cambridge, UK --- closing with B&B in the US -- next month Bob Lind is headliner (yes, The Elusive Butterfly Of Love guy)
- Wonderful food (dining room opens at 5:30) -- spectacular desserts -- LIVE entertainment -- Tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
- Believe it or not, when I wrote this song inspired by the 2009 Scripps Spelling Bee, I SPELT TWO WORDS WRONG! Finally I've made up for it.
- Jimmy Webb wrote the perfect song for the launch back in 1978, and here Michael Feinstein sings it.
- Have a favorite in the show? Here's when each performs so you can zip right to them --
- and ends 3 hours later with John McCutcheon live from the States -- watch it LIVE and FREE on FB and YouTube, or listen to audio on folkmusicnotebook.com
- The true story of my sister Mary's pet albino guinea pig "Piglet" and the day Joe Namath asked if he could pet him
- Sunday, June 13, 2021
- That's what I get for working in the middle of the night when I should have been sleeping! And there's a glitch at the 'store' that will be fixed by Monday
- Stories about radio host Bob Sherman, Pete Seeger, Dave Van Ronk, George Wurzbach, Livingston Taylor, Garry Novikoff, and Laura Weber
- Buy 2 or more CDs and get brand new FREE compilation with new songs and recordings by Sloan Wainwright, Amy Speace, Rob Siegel, me, and others
- I'm not MC-ing this time, I'm in the show -- MCs are Ron Olesko and Sonny Ochs