So now I'm posting it on YouTube, too, and at midnight every night I will be posting a new chapter
Here are the first two chapters of my new project, reading aloud this Willa Cather novella. Actress Joanne Woodward's dream was to turn this book into a film, but she is now retired and that dream is unfulfilled. I'm hoping that a young filmmaker will make her dream come true. Joanne Woodward believed so strongly in this book that she once booked herself into Symphony Space in NYC and read the book aloud over two nights to a sold out crowd. I'm no actress, but I do the best I can (I recorded an audio version of my book a few years back, so I learned a bit about out-loud reading -- one of the things I learned is that I will never write the words, "particularly," or "similarly" ever again!).
"Lucy Gayheart" by Willa Cather -- first two chapters I read aloud:
Evey night at midnight I'll be posting a new chapter or chapters -- Chapter 3 is done, is 20 minutes long -- so tonight's midnight episode will just be the one chapter.
You can read along or listen along, or turn the volume down and read it aloud yourself.
- Highlights from the Forever Plaid 30th Plaidiversary Reunion Special (26 minutes & 40 seconds)
- See Tom Paxton, Loudon Wainwright, Holly Near, Joe Jencks, Rory Block, Don Armstrong, Ellis Paul, and others celebrate the Caffe Lena's 60th anniversary
- Also part of this tonight -- Don Armstrong, Rory Block, Steve Gillette & Cindy Mangsen and others
- The people on Mulberry Street in Rochester, NY thank all essential workers doing their jobs
- Joanne Woodward's dream was to turn this book into a film -- I hope this will get it a step closer
- After this, only 2 chapters left to read (will be posted on Sunday night)
- here's the real chapter 3 of "Lucy Gayheart" by Willa Cather -- sorry about that!
- 7-1/2 minutes to get us all on the same page so we're prepared for the ending of the book (which will be posted late Saturday and late Sunday)
- Red Grammer & Kenny White are the soundtrack for my brother Christopher's wonderful project in Geneva
- 18-1/2 minutes The last two chapters of Book 2 -- Book 3 will follow soon
- Lucy Gayheart -- Book 2, Chapters 8 & 9 -- 11 minutes 22 seconds -- Christmas comes to Haverford
- There's an interesting footnote at the end of Chapter 7 that I think you'd dig