Live on August 4: "Cary Grant, Esther Williams, Tom Cruise & The Romance Of The Gun"
Following the El Paso and Dayton shootings I sang this song on Sunday afternoon. I wrote this in 2012 but never got such a response before. The song contains a very important statistic -- there are 329,000,000 Americans, 5.5 million in the NRA. That's 1.5% of us who bully to get their way.
I hope you can share this -- we need to be reminded how many more of us are NOT in the NRA than are.
“Cary Grant, Esther Williams, Tom Cruise & The Romance Of The Gun” live at Chautauqua Aug 4, 2019:
I wanted to send this last night, but couldn't, due to changes at my website. Since I posted it on FB last night it's gotten over 1700 views. I hope it can have a positive effect and helping us get mobilized. Thank you for reading this all the way to the end.
- After staying up all night working on this, the songwriter asked me not to post it -- but then he changed his mind
- First leg of 26 city group tour starts November 7 at the Tarrytown Music Hall
- Gene Weingarten, a two-time Pulitzer winner, has written quite some book -- here's an excerpt
- Seth and I discuss Trump fatigue, Bob Dylan's "Rolling Thunder Revue," and "Disaster: The Musical"
- In its first 24 hours on FB it's over 2600 views -- I guess I hit a nerve! Don't do what I did (procrastinate for 5 years)
- Gene Weingarten in today's Washington Post doing his best to promote true love using my song/video about Mary the Goldsmith
- It's called "Ode To Clint Eastwood" at the Washington Post website making its debut at Noon ET today (Tues). This is not a joke. Mary is SERIOUS.
- Two broadcasts tonight starting at 9 PM ET on folkmusicnotebook.com - Marty Laster and "Come From Away"
- Happy September! Do you like detective work? Here's an assignment, should you choose to accept it.
- Tonight at 9 Eastern meet Canadian luthier extraordinaire Grit Laskin and his "+1"
- Highlights of "Culinary Camp" at New York Kitchen for the Boys & Girls Club of Geneva, NY
- Featuring "Blueberry Pancakes" by Annie Bauerlein